The only reason of introducing English education in India was to create a pool of slaves with the knowledge of English, who could be employed at throw away salary to do all the clerical work for the colonial establishment, and who also have been “educated” (brain washed) to believe that all the science and mathematics comes from the civilized west, who are the saviors of India, who made Indians “civilized” and saved the country from blind faith, superstition, ignorance and what not.
All this given the facts like
- Till Herodotus introduced Cotton from India to Greece in 5th century BCE calling it “Tree Wool”, Europeans used to dress using animal hides and fur. (Read, Histories of Herodotus)
- Greek satirist Lucian said in second century that “Goddess of Philosophy, first descended on Indians”- implying Greek philosophy has its roots in Indian Philosophy.
- Europeans learnt the Place value system and Zero on which the entire modern Mathematics is based on, from its original inventors – the ancient Indians
- It was the Europeans who were desperate to trade with India when Ottoman Turks captured Constantinople blocking the land based trade route from Europe to India in 1453, and so started making attempts to discover alternate sea based routes to India from Europe, which eventually led to the discovery of America by Columbus. Europeans were desperate to seek an alternate route with India when Constantinople fell, not the Indians.
- Vasco Da Gama did not discover the sea route to India, Indians were already trading with Africa and South East Asia via high seas centuries before Vasco Da Gama set out to discover a sea route to India. It was in fact an Indian merchant in Africa who showed the Sea route to India to the Vasco Da Gama’s ship.
- Before the introduction of Sugar from India, Honey was the only sweetener used in Europe. Darius, the King of Persia who invaded India at around 510 BCE was fascinated when he tasted this “Reed which gives Honey without Bees“. Alexander’s army tasted it in India in 326 BCE.
- When Europe was living in Stone Age, advanced civilizations were flourishing in India. In European History 3000 BCE is Stone Age, Mahabharatha took place at around the same time in India, and Ramayana atleast 2000 years before that!
- A lot of mainstream English words themselves have their roots in Sanskrit! – See Sanskrit roots of English words
- Till 18th century India clothed the whole world supplying almost all of world textile demands.
- India was the only source of diamonds in the entire world for thousands of years till diamonds were discovered in Brazin in 1725. All the world’s greatest ancient diamonds are from Indian mines.
- Indian economy accounted for nearly 25% of total world manufacturing output just before British colonized India, this was reduced to 2% when the British left India in 1947.
And all this is just the tip of the iceberg. Now a bit about the civilized behavior of the Europeans in those days
- Prosecute Galileo for saying Earth moves, didn’t happen in ancient India.
- Burn Giardano Bruno alive for supporting Copernican Theory, didn’t happen in ancient India when sun-centric system was first proposed.
- Exterminate the natives in America, Australia
- Practice racial discrimination in the form of Apartheid in Africa
- Use the loot of Bengal in 1757 after the Battle of Plassey in India to finance the Industrial Revolution in Britain
- Kill millions in India by exporting all the Wheat and Rice to Britain during the great famine of 1870s in India
- Destroy the natural cattle based agriculture of India, promoting pesticides and chemical fertilizers
- Transport millions of Indians to other British colonies like Fiji, Mauritius, Malaya, Africa, America etc, to work as slaves.
- Chop off hands of Indian weavers from Bengal to destroy the Indian weaving industry and promote textiles imported from Britain
- World’s first concentration camps were not the ones which Germans setup during World War II, but the ones which British setup in Africa during the Boer Wars
- Loot precious jewels, diamonds from India and stack it up in the museums in Britain
- Not to mention the British atrocities on the freedom fighters of India
- and many more…
The British rule in India was no different from the Nazi rule in Germany. So before lecturing next time about the Greatness of the British Empire, make sure you have done your home work. It was no different than the Nazi Empire.